NIXON is a dynamic team of forward-thinking, client-focused construction experts. As a multidisciplinary practice, we bring together a wealth of experience where our teams work together to maximise and utilise resources from inception to completion.
NIXON is seeking a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to joins our multi-disciplinary team.
You will be joining a forward-thinking client-focused team of construction experts. We offer a range of services including quantity surveying, project management, principal designer (CDM), architecture and civil and structural engineering.
Born in 2012, NIXON has grown into a multi-disciplinary team becoming a market leader in hotel, student accommodation, residential and retail sectors. We promote a culture of openness, honesty, creativity and collaboration and are looking for a vibrant trainee willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will join our successful traineeship programme at NIXON. Already, we have recruited, trained and upskilled several Trainee Quantity Surveyors. NIXON offers opportunities to work towards achieving Chartership status through the APC Graduate Training Programme.
The successful candidates will possess the following qualities:
- A recent graduate with a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying or in the final year of the undergraduate programme
- Candidates ideally should have relevant work-placed experience and are looking to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adhere to NIXON’s mission, vision and values as set out in the company handbook
- Possess a knowledge of Quantity Surveying and the construction industry
- The successful trainee will assist and support our QS team in general duties including cost planning, budgets and feasibility studies, preparation of tender documentation, cost reporting, development appraisals, interim evaluations, final accounts, invoicing, onsite measurements and attendance at client meetings
- Assist QS professionals in forward costing to deliver accurate predictions for clients
- Participate in best practice review and training
- Be prepared to shadow and work alongside NIXON’s multi-disciplined team
- Support senior QS professionals in undertaking site visitor, document preparation and analysis
- Participate in networking events, charity events and new business opportunities
- Carry out other tasks of a commercial nature under the direction of the Operations Director
We are looking for the type of candidate who possesses the following qualities/experience:
- Be an independent thinker and self-motivator
- To be reliable and ready to succeed for themselves and their colleagues
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail in the preparation of all NIXON documentation
- Competent Excel skills and reporting skills
NIXON offers a competitive renumeration package based on your level of skills and experience
Direct applications to NIXON only.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
No recruitment agencies please.
Extended closing date 28/02/2020