PROJECT: Gartur and Polmaise stables were originally one L-shaped building. The stable was divided into two, creating two unique homes. Gartur Cottage forms part of the stable quadrangle and was originally two separate 19th century workers’ cottages.
NIXON project monitored the Georgian stable conversion which retained the splendid architectural features.
The house features a bespoke glazed archway into an original stable arch.
VALUE: Over £1million
• NIXON carried out initial review
• Inspections completed to support proposed construction was consistent with funds requested as well as plans and specifications
• Onsite visits and verification of works completed prior to fund distribution
• Development period and reports on development and contingency costs
• Report on the completion of the development
BENEFITS TO THE FUNDER:
Working with the client, we delighted in seeing the transformation of this stunning project. The before
and after pictures demonstrate the extent of the refurbishment and showcase what can be achieved.
NIXON provided the client with up-to-date reports and worked between parties to ensure that the
rebuild was completed to exceptional standards.
If you are looking for advice on how to project monitor and evaluate your project, contact us to find out more.