NIXON is seeking an Assistant / Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join our multi-disciplinary team.
This role will be primarily to support the work of our construction-arm, NIXON Construction with a focus on new developments and new build homes.
Born in 2012, NIXON has grown into a multi-disciplinary team becoming a market leader in hotel, student accommodation, residential and retail sectors.
As a one-stop-shop consultancy service, we provide a range of services including quantity surveying, project management, principal designer (CDM), architecture and civil and structural engineering as well as our construction-arm of the business.
NIXON is under construction with the build of 34 new build flats at The Millhouse in Paisley, has recently completed the development of The Picture House in Dennistoun, 27 new flats, and a further 32 apartments in Paisley. With a number of new builds in the pipeline, we are seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to bolster our growing team.
The successful candidates will possess the following qualities:
- A graduate with a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying or a graduate who has gained some experience since university;
- Have relevant work-placed experience and are looking to work in a fast-paced environment – ideally experience on new build developments or an interest to pursue a career in this sector is advantageous;
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of Quantity Surveying in practice and within the construction industry as well as new build developments with experience of working with a main contractor preferred;
- Assist and support our QS team in general duties including cost planning, budgets and feasibility studies, preparation of tender documentation, cost reporting, development appraisals, interim valuations, final accounts, invoicing, onsite measurements and attendance at client meetings and contract administration;
- Assist QS professionals in forward costing to deliver accurate predictions for client;
- Participate in best practice in terms of reviewing procedures and continuing in professional training and development;
- Be prepared to shadow and work alongside NIXON’s multi-disciplined team which includes working with our architecture and engineering departments;
- Support senior QS professionals in undertaking site visits, document preparation and analysis;
- Participate in new business opportunities;
- Carry out other tasks of a commercial nature under the direction of the Commercial Director and Senior QS professionals
We are looking for the type of candidate who possesses the following qualities/experience and will join our growing team:
- Be an independent thinker and self-motivator
- To be reliable and ready to succeed for themselves and their colleagues
- Analytical skills with attention to detail in the preparation of all NIXON documentation
- Competent Excel skills and reporting skills
- Full Driving License
- Capable to work as part of a team and independently
If you think that this is role suits you and you want to work in the construction industry, we would love to hear from you – please email your CV to [email protected].