NIXON is seeking a part-time Clerk of Works on behalf of our client, Dumfries High Street Ltd.
The Clerk of Works will undertake a programme of work on Phase One of the Oven Project, a community project to breathe new life into Dumfries town centre.
This will be approximately a 14-month programme starting in January/February 2022, with the possibility to extend thereafter onto additional phases.
This opportunity is based in Dumfries and Galloway. The contract offer is on a part-time basis, with further opportunity for overtime.
The Midsteeple Quarter Phase 1 project “The Oven Project”, involves the creation and development of flexible business, cultural and community spaces while retaining the existing façade and structure in addition to the creation of 7 flatted developments to the rear. Construction is a combination of steel frame, timber frame with brick and panel cladding, timber windows and single ply and slate roofs. Services include mechanical and electrical installations including heat pumps, fire alarms and sprinklers. The successful candidate would be expected to engage with the appointed contractor(s), the design team, multi-stakeholders and report directly to the Project Manager.
- The Clerk of Works will report directly to the Project Manager.
- You will be based part-time on site to check, monitor and document the quality of build progress to ensure that Contractors are adhering to the design and specification as construction progresses, ensuring and documenting that corrective action takes place.
- Assist in the resolution of technical issues and design queries as they arise. Excellent communication skills and regular dialogue with the Design Team are essential.
- Attend team and site meetings as required by the Project Manager.
- We require an experienced Clerk of Works who will offer comments, solutions and alternatives to the design team.
- Coordinate and arrange service and utility isolations, as required.
- Work closely to liaise with the Contractor to ensure site safety and report to the CDM Advisor.
- Assist the Contract Administrator in the compilation of defect lists and progress completion to a satisfactory conclusion.
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ relevant experience in residential and retail developments, both refurbishment and new build.
- A member of the ICWCI, CIOB or similar.
What you need to do:
- Please send covering letter and CV to [email protected]
- All personal information that we receive is with your permission.
- No agencies please.